Ravenwynd
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ravenwynd

conspiracy, all things celestial, and a place to get together

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

You Are Always Near - Sand artist Kseniya Simonova

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
PassingThrough
Admin
PassingThrough

You Are Always Near - Sand artist Kseniya Simonova Empty
PostSubject: You Are Always Near - Sand artist Kseniya Simonova   You Are Always Near - Sand artist Kseniya Simonova Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 11:03 pm

Quote :
Here, she recounts Germany conquering Ukraine in the second world war. She brings calm, then conflict. A couple on a bench become a woman’s face; a peaceful walkway becomes a conflagration; a weeping widow morphs into an obelisk for an unknown soldier. Simonova looks like some vengeful Old Testament deity as she destroys then recreates her scenes - with deft strokes, sprinkles and sweeps she keeps the narrative going. She moves the judges to tears as she subtitles the final scene “you are always near” (Source).

What she depicts is love and war, set amidst the turmoil of WWII. Ukraine was probably the area most devastated in the war, even more than Germany. It was a conflict that saw nearly one in four Ukrainians killed.

Ukraine represented almost 20 percent of all the causalities suffered during WWII. And that was after Stalin had killed millions during the manufactured famines before the war. It to this day touches every Ukrainian. That’s the context of war memory that Kseniya reaches out to. (Source)
Back to top Go down
https://ravenwynd.forumotion.net
PassingThrough
Admin
PassingThrough

PostSubject: Re: You Are Always Near - Sand artist Kseniya Simonova   You Are Always Near - Sand artist Kseniya Simonova Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2009 11:13 pm

I have no words...

moved to tears...
Back to top Go down
out of level

out of level

PostSubject: Re: You Are Always Near - Sand artist Kseniya Simonova   You Are Always Near - Sand artist Kseniya Simonova Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 9:04 pm

A piece I did a few years ago..

You Are Always Near - Sand artist Kseniya Simonova Buffalo
Back to top Go down
PassingThrough
Admin
PassingThrough

PostSubject: Re: You Are Always Near - Sand artist Kseniya Simonova   You Are Always Near - Sand artist Kseniya Simonova Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 9:39 pm

that is absolutely beautiful... how long did it take ool??
Back to top Go down
out of level

out of level

PostSubject: Re: You Are Always Near - Sand artist Kseniya Simonova   You Are Always Near - Sand artist Kseniya Simonova Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 10:00 pm

It took me about Two weeks..

It's a Mural and about 40"x45" wide... I used Stainless Steel and layered it for a 3-D perspective.
Back to top Go down
PassingThrough
Admin
PassingThrough

PostSubject: Re: You Are Always Near - Sand artist Kseniya Simonova   You Are Always Near - Sand artist Kseniya Simonova Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 10:48 pm

out of level wrote:
It took me about Two weeks..

It's a Mural and about 40"x45" wide... I used Stainless Steel and layered it for a 3-D perspective.

you are very talented... it truly is beautiful...2 weeks?? I'm not sure I would have that patience lol... but then again, if you have a passion for something.... time doesn't matter....

please share more if you are inclined... you have a talent!!

thank you:)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You Are Always Near - Sand artist Kseniya Simonova   You Are Always Near - Sand artist Kseniya Simonova Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

You Are Always Near - Sand artist Kseniya Simonova
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ravenwynd :: The Artists' Corner :: Artistry in Motion-
Jump to: